Welcome to AIS
A warm and welcome greeting to you all from all of us here at Alabuga International School. Thank you for your interest in Alabuga International School (AIS). Whether you are a student, parent, or teacher, it is my pleasure to welcome you to this website, which gives me an opportunity to share my pride and enthusiasm for the qualities that make AIS a wonderful, forward thinking school.
Lorraine Butler Principal
My enthusiasm for AIS has grown immensely over the past number of months. On reflection of our first year, our school has taken a change of direct and now aims to become an IBPYP accredited school. Research shows that students in the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP) performed better than non-IB students in a global International Schools’ Assessment study that ran from 2009-2011. Further research indicates that Diploma Programme (DP) graduates complete college faster than their peers, feel more prepared for college-level coursework involving research, and are better able to cope with demanding workloads and time-management challenges.
At AIS, we believe that it is important to create a programme that is balanced and rich in core academic and extra-curricular activities. We strive to provide students an inspiring education in which they may excel in activities that involve leadership and global understanding. We strongly promote a culture that fosters positive self-esteem and a sense of belonging by celebrating the achievement and success of each student. We have integrated the IB Learner profile throughout our school. We “aim to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect”.
At AIS, we believe:
- In the individual's unconditional worth and potential
- That by demonstrating compassion and fairness in working and living with individuals, we earn their trust and respect
- School should cultivate imagination and instill an appreciation for learning as a joyful, lifelong pursuit
- An atmosphere of trust enables children to question, to take risks, to collaborate, to assume responsibility for independent work and to pursue individual interests
- That honesty and integrity are best taught by being modeled
- Significant accomplishments are achieved through perseverance and hard work
- That all children require patience, nurturing and love to achieve full potential
- That quality education empowers the individual and expands options throughout life, and that educators, students and parents do this by building bridges of trust, communication and common goals
- That our commitment to advocating, teaching and respecting a diverse student body from cultures throughout the world, fosters peace, justice and global understanding
Beyond the experience it provides for its students, AIS also endeavors to cultivate a dynamic professional culture that challenges teachers to reach their own potential as educators. AIS’s faculty is comprised of teachers from many different nations. AIS takes seriously its obligation to help its teachers grow professionally once they join the school and offers, consequently, a dynamic professional development program anchored in research-based best practices. Our staff teaches and inspires excellence in academics and life-long learning skills by continually reviewing and building an enriched holistic PYP curriculum, promoting student achievement, encouraging integrity and nurturing a desire to learn.
While this website provides a useful introduction to AIS and its programs, I hope you will be able to visit our campus for a tour, become a part of our community and play an active and productive role by engaging in the learning process.
Ms Lorraine Butler